Relationship Expert Val Baldwin joined us today to give us a few tips on how quick and easy 1-minute ideas to show your partner how much you love them, not just only in February but all year long.
1-MINUTE MARRIAGE BOOSTERS FOR RELATIONSHIP SUCCESS!
With February being the “Love Month” it’s important to remember your spouse on Valentine’s Day. However, studies prove it’s not grand romantic gestures that cement a couple but small acts of kindness that makes the biggest impact. Here are quick and easy 1-minute ideas to show your partner you love them not only in February but all year long. Consider these marriage boosters daily vitamins for a healthy relationship. It’s amazing what they can do to keep your marriage happy and the romance remarkable. Try a different one every day for a week or two and watch the magic begin!
1. Flatter. Have something nice to say? Say it out loud. If you can’t think of anything…. well, think harder and tell them.
2. Smooch. Take a bit more time to kiss hello and goodbye. Studies confirm that the first 3 minutes you spend together at the end of the workday sets the tone for the entire evening. And when you leave in the morning give more than a peck. Wrap you arms around them and count to 10.
3. Spoil. Bring them their morning juice, hot chocolate or coffee in bed.
4. Coddle. While they are in the shower, pop the towel into the dryer so that it’s toasty-warm and fluffy when they get out.
5. Treasure. Take their face in your hands, then lightly stroke their forehead, eyelids, cheeks, lips and jaw line.
6. Post it. A bathroom mirror and a steering wheel are prime places to leave a surprise I love you note.
7. Make music. Put their favorite song on; dance with the lights on and your clothes off.
8. Boast. In front of your spouse’s family or friends, mention something terrific they did recently. Then turn toward them and beam.
9. Send. Leave a text or e-mail with can’t wait to see you tonight messages.
10. Play footsie. At dinner, under the table, slip off your shoe, and let your toes do the talking. Great at restaurants.
For more information about Coach Val and her coaching and speaking services, to view more free articles, or to subscribe to her free monthly relationship newsletter, go to Val’s website at www.valbaldwin.com.