- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 30 minutes
- Cooked onion, bell peppers and garlic
- 2 cups cooked fresh corn kernels (or frozen)
- 2 cups shredded kale
- 4 cups cubed baked chicken
- 1/2 cup avocado oil mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- 6 strips bacon, cooked and sliced or crumbled
- 1 large green onion for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees.
- In a large bowl, stir together the precooked onion and bell pepper mixture, corn kale, chicken, mayo, salt and pepper until combined.
- Transfer the chicken mixture to a 3-quart rectangular casserole dish, then top with the cheddar cheese and bacon.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until the cheese is browned and bubbling.
- Meanwhile, slice the green onion and set aside.
- After removing the casserole from the oven, let it cool slightly, then garnish with green onions and serve!
To see more great tasting and healthy recipes, check out Cassie’s site fedandfit.com. And if you’d like to get your hands on her new book Cook Once Eat All Week, she will be doing a book signing this Saturday, May 4 at 2:00pm at Weller Book Works in Trolley Square in Salt Lake.