Casey Hansen joined us to share another recipe that includes essential oils. She is teaching a cooking class at the Oil Life Store at City Creek tonight. Details can be found at facebook.com/Rockn-it-with-Oils and you can email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Caramel Apple Pie Muddy Buddies
- 1 Box Rice Cereal
- 1 ½ c White Chocolate
- 2-3 Tbsp Caramel Apple Cider Powder
- 1 drop Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil*
- 1 c Powder Sugar
- ½ c Crushed Shortbread Cookies
- 2 tsp Caramel Apple Cider Powder
- 2 tsp Cinnamon Infused Sugar**
- Melt white chocolate in the microwave, 30 seconds at a time.
- Add Apple cider powder and 1 drop of Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil.
- In a large bowl combine melted chocolate mixture and cereal.
- Mix half at a time.
- Combine powdered sugar, crushed shortbread cookies, apple cider powder and cinnamon infused sugar in a large baggie.
- Add chocolate coated cereal to baggie, shake until well covered.
About Essential Oils:
- Not all oils are created equal use a high-quality pure essential oil
- Some oils are hot or caustic (warm or hot) to the skin so please use caution when using them. Cinnamon can be a caustic oil. Dilute with fractionated coconut oil if it touches and burns the skin.
- It is always easier to add more but very hard to take away oils. Start with one drop or less at a time. Add to a spoon or swirl with a toothpick for better control when adding to food.