Indulge in a flavorful, rich, and decadent Black Forest Tart that will have your guests raving for more. Bryan Clark of Feed Your Bliss came by to show us this delicious dessert recipe.
Black Forest Tart
Chocolate Crust Ingredients:
-1 3/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
-3/4 cup Dark Cocoa Powder
-1 tsp Kosher Salt
-1/2 cup Confectioner’s Sugar
-1 cup Unsalted Butter, Cold, cut into cubes
-9-10 Tbsp Ice Water
Ganache Filling Ingredients:
-16 oz Dark Chocolate
-1 1/3 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
-5 Tbsp Unsalted Butter, Room Temperature
-2 tsp Cherry Emulsion (Can also replace with cherry juice*)
For Crust Directions:
- The Food processor mix the flour, cocoa powder, salt, and confectioners’ sugar (whisk in medium bowl if you don’t have).
- Blend the butter into flour giving 4-5 buzzes on the food processor OR Work the butter into the flour mixture, using a pastry blender or fork if by hand. Don’t mix the butter in thoroughly; leave some of it in pea-sized lumps.
- Add four tablespoons of the water, then enough additional water to bring the dough together; it should be cohesive but not sticky.
- Shape the dough into a disk, and chill until you’re ready to use it (at least 30 minutes).
- Bake in 375F pre heated over 20 minutes (weight down with baking weights or dry beans). Omit beans and bake another 5 minutes till done. Crust should be firm but not dry.
For Ganache Filling:
- Place chocolate and butter into a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan, bring cream just barely to a simmer. Pour over chopped chocolate and cover bowl immediately with plastic wrap. Let stand 5 mins. Stir with a spatula until combined and smooth. Add in Cherry flavoring & mix.
- Pour mixture into cooled tart shell and allow to set – overnight at room temperature or 1-2 hours in the fridge.
- Prepare Whipped Cream by adding whipping cream into a mixing bowl. Using a whisk attachment on a hand or stand mixer beat until soft peaks form (2-3 minutes). Add in Powdered Sugar & vanilla & continue to beat until stiff peaks form (another 2-3 minutes).
- Using a pastry bag with a fitted tip (I used a star) pipe whipped cream onto the top of the tart, according to preference. Decorate with fresh cherries. Serve the tart right away or refrigerate, covered, for up to 24 hours. Enjoy!