SALT LAKE CITY, Utah- (Good Things Utah) What better way to eat a beloved bagel and cream cheese? A loaded bagel casserole with all of your favorite breakfast side dishes! Chelsea McPherson shared her mother’s favorite breakfast creation with a twist. McPherson’s mom would make it a sweet dish but McPherson wanted to try a savory option. This is the perfect breakfast item for the holidays.
- 6 Everything bagels, cut into cubes
- 10 oz bacon (cooked and diced)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Gruyere Cheese (can substitute Swiss or white cheddar)
- 1 block (8 oz) cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups half and half
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp green onions to garnish after baking
- Cut the bagels into cubes and place them in a 9x 13 pan.
- Layer the bacon, Gruyere cheese, and cream cheese on top of the bagels.
- In a medium bowl, mix the eggs and a half and half until well combined. Add salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture over the the bagels, bacon, and cheeses.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight (or for at least 2 hours).
- In the morning, preheat your oven to 350°
- Bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes. The casserole should be beginning to brown and the cheese melty. Add chopped green onions on top as a garnish and enjoy!!
For more recipes and food inspo, follow McPherson on Instagram: @chelsea.eats