Chamaine Wollenzien of Wandering Families has us covered if we’re looking to get out of town but have no idea where to go, or what to do! A day in The Swell is the place to be. You can tailor your experience, there are kid-friendly activities, it’s affordable, and you can keep a safe social distance! Put her recommended spots on your to-do list, and follow her for more at: @wanderingfamilies
1. Millsite State Park or Joe’s Valley Reservoir: amazing water and vistas. Rent paddleboards, kayaks and jet skis from Big Mountain Lodge. On Tuesdays, there’s a deal of 2 jet ski rentals for under $100!
2. Four wheeling: Black Dragon Trail has stream Crossings, vista views, bridges, a bit of extreme terrain. Rent from Big Mountain Lodge and they’ll give you 10% discount if mention Wandering Families!
3. Rochester Panel: incredible petroglyphs, even a rainbow and get drive almost to it with an easy .25 mi walk.
4. Cozy cabin stay: Big Mountain Lodge it’s a one stop shop with lodging, rentals, and food.
5. The Wedge: aka Little Grand Canyon. The views are stellar and can drive right to it!