Professional wardrobe stylist, Alicia Richmond with Chic on a Shoestring is sharing some of her favorite closet organization tools for the fall season.
Right now is the best time to go through your wardrobe and decide what can stay and what has to go. A few questions that you should ask yourself are:
1. When was the last time that I wore the item?
2. Is this piece flattering on my body shape?
3. Do I love this piece?
4. How does this item coordinate with my existing wardrobe?
Other organizing tips include:
- Go through your wardrobe twice a year to help keep your wardrobe current and streamlined for your personal style.
Look for products that will keep you organized in your closet to help make your wardrobe be accessible.
(some of her favorite products include jewelry organizers, scarf hangers, shoe stackers, drawer boxes, etc)
- Your clothing is an investment. Take care of it with products such as: cedar blocks, deodorant stain remover sponges, boot shapers, shoe fresheners, wool sweater stone, clothing repair tape, etc.
Alicia will be speaking at the Home Show sharing these tips and more at 3 pm on Saturday, Oct. 8th following the Property Brothers.
Home Show guests can catch Drew and Jonathan Scott on the Design Stage sponsored by Auric Solar on Saturday, October 8 at 1:00 p.m. only.
The Deseret News Home Show
- Friday, October 7, 2016 2:00 p.m.–9:00 p.m.
- Saturday, October 8, 2016 10:00 a.m.–9:00 p.m.
- Sunday, October 9, 2016 11:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
South Towne Expo Center
- Adults (at the door) $11.00
- Adults (online only) $9.00
- Seniors $8.00
- Children Ages 12 & under FREE
- Group tickets (20 or more) $8.00
For more information and tickets, please visit DeseretNewsHomeShow.com