Cameron Nance from Bespoke Custom Clothing LLC joined Good Things Utah with pointers on men’s fashion for Father’s Day.
- Accessorize based off of your suit fabric color.
- Know what shoes and belt to wear and what color shoes to wear with your suit color.
- There is versatility and options with gray and navy suits.
- Keep the “accents” of your accessorizing consistent.
Socks & pocket squares:
- Common mistake: matching the pocket square and tie patterns. Matching colors is ok, but matching the tie pattern with the pocket square pattern can be tacky.
- “Loud” or “trendy” socks should generally only be worn with your suits that are not black. Good rule of thumb: If you are wearing black shoes with a black tie, try and keep the socks conservative.
- Mid/light gray, khaki, navy, and blue suits when worn with brown shoes (especially camel) are your best bet when wearing a loud pocket square or loud socks.
Some common fashion mistakes:
- Mismatching belt with shoes.
- Wearing a belt while also while wearing suspenders (pick one or the other and if suspenders are leather, match them with your shoes).
- Too many lines: line patterned suit, patterned/lined shirt, patterned/lined tie.
- Good rule of thumb: Patterned suit- wear a solid shirt with a line patterned tie. Solid suit- if you wear a line patterned shirt, wear a solid tie. If you are wearing a solid shirt, wear a patterned tie.
- Lastly, not getting your suit tailored. A good tailor will usually cost over $100, but it is worth it. Do not confuse a fitting at a Men’s Warehouse, Macy’s, or Jo’s. A tailor will do a better job with getting your suit to fit how it’s suppose to.
For more information visit: www.bespoke-clothing.com.