Summer is here and dads everywhere are hearing the call of the bar-b-que grill. Before you fire up the charcoal though here are some safety tips Rich Woodruff from Utah Red Cross shared on Good Morning Utah:
- Always supervise a barbecue grill when in use.
- Never grill indoors – not in the house, camper, tent, or any enclosed area.
- Make sure everyone, including the pets, stays away from the grill.
- Keep the grill out in the open, away from the house, the deck, tree branches, or anything that could catch fire.
- Use the long-handled tools especially made for cooking on the grill to keep the chef safe.
- Wait before re-lighting a propane grill. Use long matches. Same if igniter goes out.
- Don’t drink and grill have a designated chef