(CNN)- Wednesday is known as World Kindness Day. An organization called The World Kindness Movement started the day in 1998.
Twenty-eight countries now observe the day with random acts of kindness.
One campaign that has gained steam on social media involves participants wearing cardigans.
Social Media users are urging people to use the hashtag #worldkindnessday to promote their good deeds and cardigans in honor of Mr. Rogers.
Kindness U-K also listed a few things you can do to spread kindness. They include doing a good deed, giving someone a compliment, holding the door for someone and volunteering.
What acts of kindness will you spread today?
- Officials identify teen who died in avalanche while snowmobiling with his dad
- After cashing in on QB gambles, Niners, Chiefs in Super Bowl
- Mostert lifts 49ers to Super Bowl with 37-20 win vs Packers
- Chiefs’ Reid headed back to Super Bowl after long absence
- Not All Mahomes: Chiefs defense shuts down Titans game plan