SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4 News) – Equality Utah is hosting its annual gala to say thank you to the people who stand up and work alongside them in the LGBTQ community.
Equality Utah works to ensure legal protections for LGBTQ Utahns and their families. The Allies Gala is its annual fundraiser and the largest LGBTQ fundraising event in the state.
Mindy Young and Austin Miles from Equality Utah joined ABC4 News at 4 to talk more about the event set for October 5th at the Eccles Theater.
Some of the honorees at the gala include Carol Lynn Pearson, a Latter-day Saint poet and playwright whose work has always approached LGBT issues with love and compassion, and the heroes of the Utah Legislature who helped to pass an inclusive hate crimes law this year.
Tony Award winner and Emmy nominated star of the FX series “Pose” Billy Porter will perform at the gala. Equality Utah says Billy’s message of love and inclusion will ignite the crowd and “spark the fire.”
For more information about the event, visit allies2019.org.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Missing Eagle Mountain man found dead in his truck Saturday morning
- Those struggling with opioid misuse can call 2-1-1 for support, treatment options
- PLAYOFF PREVIEW: Round 2 – Green Bay Packers head to San Francisco with Super Bowl berth on the line
- A look inside the Lost and Found at Lambeau Field
- Lambeau’s very own tailgating hype band