This is what dreams are made of! “Lizzie McGuire” fans are rejoicing at the news that Hilary Duff will reprise her role as the deeply beloved Disney Channel character on Disney’s new streaming platform.
Disney hasn’t aired an original episode of “Lizzie McGuire” in over 15 years. Almost 30 years old now, Duff has grown up quite a bit since then, but says Lizzie has too.
“She’s older, she’s wiser, she has a much bigger shoe budget, which is super exciting,” Duff joked at the D23 Expo. “She has her dream job, she has the perfect life right now.”
Duff began the outpouring of nostalgia when she broke the news on her Instagram page Friday night, saying:
SURPRISE!!! I’ve been trying to contain this excitement for a loooong time while this has been in the works! I am beyond excited to be home again, back with my girl ♥️…and into her 30’sHILARY DUFF
Disney Plus goes live November 12.
What others are reading:
- 3 charged after 11-year-old gives birth in Missouri bathtub
- Man in hospital from K-9 bite after assaulting brother, trying to hit police with car
- Anniston FEMA Center to be used as part of Coronavirus quarantine
- Wasatch Front and St. George experiencing 911 outages, here are the numbers to call instead
- Woman believes cold case suspect abducted her in 1989