(ABC4 News) – Many people may use social media for catching up with family friends, but now Facebook is making its way into the news business.
The social media giant introduced Facebook News on Friday. The new section of the app will promote various news stories of the day. The section is currently in a testing phase.
It will become widely available to all Facebook users in a few months.
Facebook has hired a small team of journalists to curate the section.
Algorithms will come up with personalized recommendations for further reading.
What others are reading:
- Lakers great Kobe Bryant dies in helicopter crash
- TMZ reports Kobe Bryant dies in California helicopter crash
- VIDEO: Thief caught stealing 300 pounds of meat from south Austin barbecue trailer
- Naked man arrested after trying to board school bus with kids inside
- State lawmaker running a bill to address DNA testing and privacy