TAMPA (WFLA) – Thanksgiving is still a few weeks away, and while many stores will have big sales that start on the holiday, some retailers will stay closed.
According to a survey from BestBlackFriday.com, 72% of those polled believe stores should stay closed on Thanksgiving so workers can spend time with their families on the holiday. The survey said 14% of respondents planned to shop on Thanksgiving while another 14% said stores should be open but didn’t plan to shop.
So far, the website has confirmed more than a dozen stores that will close for Thanksgiving:
- Ace Hardware
- BJ’s – (open for Black Friday at 7 a.m.)
- Guitar Center – (open for Black Friday at 7 a.m.)
- Hobby Lobby – (open for Black Friday at 8 a.m.)
- HomeGoods – (open for Black Friday at 7 a.m.)
- Lowe’s – (open for Black Friday at 6 a.m.)
- Marshalls – (open for Black Friday at 7 a.m.)
- Petco – (open for Black Friday at 8 a.m.)
- Sam’s Club
- Stein Mart
- T.J.Maxx – (open for Black Friday at 7 a.m.)
- True Value
BestBlackFriday.com also projects that several other big retailers—including Dillard’s, Nordstrom, IKEA, Home Depot, Petsmart and Office Depot/OfficeMax—would close for Thanksgiving. Those closures have not been confirmed yet, so the list will likely grow in the coming weeks.
- Utah Legislature passes controversial tax overhaul bill
- House panel delays historic Trump impeachment vote
- Former NBA Commissioner Stern has emergency brain surgery
- Trump administration continues conversations on paid family leave, child care
- ‘Come here’: Family says they don’t feel safe in home after someone hacked their Ring camera, yelled at them