(The Daily Dish) This bunless burger is perfect and it’s also keto friendly, try it out!
- 1 pound Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 Butter, romaine or iceberg lettuce leaves
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Combine Ground Beef, jalapeño, onion, cilantro, salt and black pepper in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape into four 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Place patties on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 7 to 9 minutes) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally.
- Cook’s Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Ground beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.
- Place each burger on lettuce. Evenly top with onion, tomato and avocado. Wrap lettuce around burgers.
- Kitchen Tips: Make sure your grill is clean (to prevent flare-ups) and the rack is well-oiled (to prevent sticking).