Do you know what is better than burgers on the grill? Having a lot of little ones! Sliders are so fun and versatile! Check out this recipe for Spicy Cheeseburger Sliders from Utah Beef Council!
- 1 pound Ground Beef (96% lean)
- 9 small whole-wheat hamburger buns, split, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle chili powder
- 2 slices pepper Jack cheese, cut in quarters
- Barbecue sauce, lettuce, tomato slices, pickles (optional)
- Tear one hamburger bun into pieces. Place in a food processor or blender container. Cover; pulse on and off, to form fine crumbs.
- Combine bread crumbs, beef, garlic, and chili powder in a medium bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape into eight 1/2-inch thick mini patties.
- Place patties on grill over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 8 to 9 minutes (over medium heat on a preheated gas grill, 9 to 10 minutes) until an instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally. Evenly top with cheese during the last minute of grilling.
- Cook’s Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.
- Place burgers on the bottoms of the remaining eight buns. Top with desired Toppings. Close sandwiches.
This article contains sponsored content.