This afternoon in the ABC4 Kitchen, Nicea, and Surae are showing a great dish to make for the kids that you can make for dinner or lunch and they’re going to devour it because it’s made with the finest ingredients.
Take a look at the recipe below and head on over to your local Cache Valley Creamery for ingredients for your next meal.
Pizza Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 1 tbsp. Cache Valley Butter, softened
- 2 slices light Italian bread or 1 deli round flat bun
- 1 tbsp. marinara sauce Pinch dried oregano
- 6 slices 25% less fat pepperoni
- 2 slices Cache Valley Provolone Cheese
- HEAT a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- SPREAD ½ tbsp. of butter on 1 side of each bread slice or on the outside of the flat bun and place butter-side down on a cutting board or plate.
- PLACE 1 slice of cheese onto 1 slice of bread. Top with the marinara sauce, pepperoni and oregano. Finish with the remaining slice of cheese and the 2nd piece of bread, butter-side up.
- PLACE the sandwich into the pan, butter-side down.
- COVER with a lid and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until bottom slice of bread is golden. Carefully flip the sandwich and continue cooking until the second slice of bread is golden and the cheese has melted.
- REMOVE from heat; slice and enjoy.
Remember, the Cache Valley Brand is worth it, every time. Local is always better because it’s Fresh, Healthy and it supports your local community. For over 75 years Cache Valley has been producing flavorful, rich cheese using only pristine quality ingredients. Their dedication to quality means consumers can expect wholesome, expertly crafted cheese every time.
Check out the Cache Valley Creamery website for more recipes, because Goodness is Just Around the Valley.