(The Daily Dish) Jennifer Burns with Utah Beef Council is in the Kitchen showing a healthy and easy stir fry for a quick weeknight meal! This recipe is packed full of nutrients and flavor!
- 1 lb. flank steak
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 yellow or white onion, chopped
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- Pinch, crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons white or black sesame seeds
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Season steak with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add oil.
- Cook the beef for 5-6 minutes. Remove from pan to a plate. Cover with tinfoil.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, sauté onion and for 5-6 minutes.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together cornstarch and water. Add soy sauce, ginger, garlic and red pepper flakes to the bowl.
- Add mixture to pan; cook 3-4 minutes until sauce starts to thicken. Add steak strips to the pan; combine well. Cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Serve immediately over noodles or rice, if desired.
- Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.
For more recipes and nutritional information, visit the Utah Beef Council website.