SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 Utah) – January is National Oatmeal Month and to celebrate, The Daily Dish is baking up a batch of healthy banana oatmeal cookies. This recipe is so simple, it has only 3 ingredients and takes minutes to prepare. The serving size, each cookie, as small, but they are delightful. Enjoy!
HEALTHY BANANA OATMEAL COOKIES
• 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
• 1 cup of uncooked quick oats*
• 1/4 cup crushed walnuts
• Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a non-stick cookie sheet with cooking spray or use a Silpat.
• Combine the mashed bananas and oats in a bowl. Fold in the walnuts.
• Place a tablespoon of each on the cookie sheet.
• Bake 15 minutes. Makes 16 cookies.
*Use gluten free oats such as Bob’s Red Mill quick oats to make them gluten free.
Leftover cookies can be frozen; let them cool then wrap tight in plastic wrap and freeze. Thaw or heat in microwave a few seconds before eating.