UPDATE: VASA Fitness sent a message to members saying during the closure all accounts will be “frozen” meaning members will not be charged.
All VASA fitness locations will close their doors Tuesday afternoon.
VASA’s Chief Executive Officer Rich Nelsen said health and wellness of the community is at the core of everything they do. The closure is to mitigate the spread of coronavirus.
“We believe we are truly in this fight together and, if everyone does their part, we can help protect our most vulnerable,” Nelsen said.
The closures begin at noon on March 17th until further notice.
There are 41 cases of Utahns with COVID-19.
Other coronavirus related stories:
- COVID-19 pandemic’s impact on Salt Lake County revenue
- Could this week’s protests threaten the state’s progress with COVID-19?
- COVID-19 and Future employment: 73.5 Million Americans want more pandemic-proof jobs
- Frontier requiring temperature checks for passengers, crew before boarding
- Utah has over 10,200 cases of coronavirus; 108 people currently hospitalized