UPDATE: VASA Fitness sent a message to members saying during the closure all accounts will be “frozen” meaning members will not be charged.
All VASA fitness locations will close their doors Tuesday afternoon.
VASA’s Chief Executive Officer Rich Nelsen said health and wellness of the community is at the core of everything they do. The closure is to mitigate the spread of coronavirus.
“We believe we are truly in this fight together and, if everyone does their part, we can help protect our most vulnerable,” Nelsen said.
The closures begin at noon on March 17th until further notice.
There are 41 cases of Utahns with COVID-19.
Other coronavirus related stories:
- Utah reports over 1,000 new COVID-19 cases, 5 new deaths
- Utah reports over 1,000 new COVID-19 cases, no new deaths
- Governor extends telehealth executive order
- Navajo Nation: 26 new cases of COVID-19 and 1 new death
- U of U Health moves COVID-19 testing to appointment only