The map is based on geotagged twitter data in the last two weeks, tracking discussion about toilet paper and the “panic buying” that has occurred amid coronavirus fears. Healthtrends says over 2 million tweets were tracked.
The map shows the western US to have the most activity, with Arizona seemingly the top state most concerned about toilet paper availability.
The top 10 states were as follows:
- New Mexico
What others are clicking on:
- George Floyd protesters call on each other to march to the polls
- Son of retired police captain killed by looters pleads: ‘Step back from what you’re doing’
- COVID-19 pandemic’s impact on Salt Lake County revenue
- ‘Tragedy on every level’ says South Jordan mayor about double murder-suicide
- ‘If you can say you can’t breathe, you’re breathing:’ Mississippi mayor apologizes for tweets on George Floyd