SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News)- A staff member and graduate student of the University of Utah has tested positive for COVID-19, officials announced Saturday.
The staff member recently returned from a trip to another state.
University officials say they are working closely with public health officials “to support a full and speedy recovery for this individual.”
The employee, who works in the Counseling Center at the Student Services Building, is self-isolating off campus, university officials said.
Those who had direct content with the staff member have been contacted and have been asked to self-isolate.
“We have confirmed that this individual was on campus briefly but did not have direct contact with any students or visit the Counseling Center due to spring break,” a letter from university officials stated.
This is the first of the virus at the university.
|Salt Lake County||14|
Other coronavirus related stories:
- CDC drops quarantine, screening recommendations for COVID-19
- Biden to stop isolating after testing negative twice for COVID-19
- U of U research shows COVID-19 originated at seafood market, not lab
- Utah surpasses 1 million COVID-19 cases
- Biden experiencing ‘very mild symptoms’ after testing positive for COVID-19