SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News)- The Salt Lake City Police Department is asking all criminal activity to cease until further notice.
In a lighthearted post on social media, the department asked criminals to take a break in order to stop the spread of coronavirus in Utah.
“We appreciate your anticipated cooperation in halting crime & thank criminals in advance,” the post stated.
Don’t worry criminals, the department says they’ll let you know when you can return to your normal criminal behavior.
In all seriousness, the mayor of Salt Lake City has taken several steps to ensure the safety of the city. She has declared a State of Emergency to ensure the city has access to state and federal funds and prohibited mass gatherings over 100 to encourage social distancing.
See the latest updates on coronavirus here:
- Syracuse High School to pilot ‘Test to Stay’ program amid COVID-19 surge
- Intermountain Healthcare doctor warns of COVID-19 spread, as he anticipates a drastic rise throughout the holiday season
- States work to determine which top-priority Americans receive first COVID-19 shots
- World War II veteran beats COVID-19 in time to mark 104th birthday
- UTAH CORONAVIRUS: 7-day COVID-19 avg. positivity rate increases to 25.2%, 3,005 new cases reported