SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4 News) -Salt Lake County Animal Services held its first ever Pet Crew Pet Pantry pick-up event on Saturday. To obey social distancing mandates the pantry pick-up happened on the east-side drive thru at 511 West 3900 South.
The pet food pick-up served as a way for pet owners struggling to purchase pet food for their furry family during this difficult time caused by the Coronavirus pandemic. Pet owners were greeted by staff of the SLCO Animal services as well as Salt Lake County Mayor, Jenny Wilson.
Salt Lake County Animal services says they’re grateful for donations from the Dogs Meow, George Q. Morris Foundation, Hills Pet Food, Humane Society of the United States, Petfinder Foundation, Save Our Local Pets, Walmart Giving, and other generous individuals in our community.
Another pet pantry is scheduled for May 16th.
What others are clicking on:
- Newsfeed Now: Jury deliberations set to start in Chauvin trial; NASA launches helicopter over surface of Mars
- Two Utah cities among the least diverse, says new report
- Bountiful Police search for theft suspect
- LIVE NOW: Closing arguments begin in Chauvin trial
- TikTok users warn about disturbing April 24 trend