SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 Sports) – Utah Jazz all-star guard, Rudy Gobert, took to Instagram Thursday to respond to the news of him testing positive for coronavirus.
Gobert along with teammate, Donovan Mitchell, are the only two confirmed cases on the Utah Jazz. Days ago, Gobert playfully touched all the microphones at media availability before he tested positive for the coronavirus.
“I would like to publicly apologize to the people that I may have endangered. At the time, I had no idea I was even infected. I was careless and make no excuse,” he stated
The NBA suspended the rest of the regular season indefinitely on Wednesday after it was discovered that Gobert had tested positive.
The Jazz were able to leave Oklahoma City Thursday afternoon to travel back to Salt Lake City after their game against the Oklahoma City Thunder was canceled because of the virus.
Other coronavirus related stories:
- Syracuse High School to pilot ‘Test to Stay’ program amid COVID-19 surge
- Intermountain Healthcare doctor warns of COVID-19 spread, as he anticipates a drastic rise throughout the holiday season
- States work to determine which top-priority Americans receive first COVID-19 shots
- World War II veteran beats COVID-19 in time to mark 104th birthday
- UTAH CORONAVIRUS: 7-day COVID-19 avg. positivity rate increases to 25.2%, 3,005 new cases reported