SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4 News)-With growing coronavirus concerns in Utah and across the world, the Pac-12 Conference is the latest NCAA conference to cancel the remainder of their conference basketball tournaments and sporting events.
The decision is effective immediately until further notice citing the safety of the conference’s student-athletes, campus personnel, working and event personnel and all fans who attend Pac-12 events.
Other coronavirus related stories:
- 1 year later: What Utah officials wish they knew when COVID first hit
- Vaccination frustration: Thousands of Utah County residents hit snags trying to get appointments
- ‘Catastrophe’ 2? Planning for Cache County superspreader event has officials worried
- Dr. Fauci addresses coronavirus mutations, state of pandemic in first briefing of Biden administration
- Biden signs burst of coronavirus orders, requires masks for travel