SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4 News)- The National Hockey League announced Thursday that the 2019-2020 season will be paused beginning with Thursday night’s games over coronavirus concerns.
The leagues says that it is no longer appropriate to try to continue to play games at this time and encourages the NHL community to take all reasonable precautions. The NHL says its goal is to resume play as soon as it is appropriate and prudent.
This news will affect the Utah Grizzles who are an affiliate with the NHL’s Colorado Avalanche.
What others are clicking on:
- Semi hauling meat product catches fire, closes portion of I-80 near I-84
- SWAT responding to incident in Salt Lake City
- Georgia Republican says she has filed articles of impeachment against Biden
- Biden ordering help as talks start on big aid plan
- Donovan Mitchell scores season-high 36 points as Jazz win 7th straight, 129-118