SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News) – A new study from Harvard University suggests that air pollution significantly increases the risk of a fatal outcome from the coronavirus.
Utah Physicians for a Healthy Environment (UPHE) have previously cited research showing that air pollution causes and aggravates underlying diseases that are known to make a person more vulnerable to a fatal coronavirus outcome.
“A brand new study from Harvard University directly confirms exactly what UPHE has been saying; air pollution significantly increases the risk of a fatal outcome from the coronavirus,” says Brian Moench MD, Founder and President UPHE.
UPHE says that with this new research, it is important that public policy that would worsen air pollution is rejected.
What others are clicking on:
- Sanders drops 2020 bid, leaving Biden as likely nominee
- Amber Alert issued for abducted Texas 12-year-old girl
- Colorado girl who pioneered medical marijuana for seizures dies following battle with coronavirus
- Local family spreads joy amidst the challenges of coronavirus
- Utah Red Cross taking extra precautions during COVID-19 pandemic