SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4 Sports) – NCAA President Mark Emmert and the Board of Governors canceled the Division I men’s and women’s 2020 basketball tournaments Thursday afternoon in response to the growing concerns with coronavirus.
The NCAA also canceled all remaining winter and spring NCAA championships.
This affects Utah State and BYU men’s basketball teams who were both likely participants in the NCAA tournament.
Other coronavirus stories:
- Official: Merck to help produce rival Johnson & Johnson’s COVID-19 vaccine
- Salt Lake Chamber builds vaccine business resource page
- As more vaccines roll out, it requires more helping hands and locations
- Sen. Lee, Republican colleagues urge CDC to revise guidelines allowing schools to reopen
- Utah starts March with 257 new COVID-19 cases, five new deaths