SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4 Sports) – NCAA President Mark Emmert and the Board of Governors canceled the Division I men’s and women’s 2020 basketball tournaments Thursday afternoon in response to the growing concerns with coronavirus.
The NCAA also canceled all remaining winter and spring NCAA championships.
This affects Utah State and BYU men’s basketball teams who were both likely participants in the NCAA tournament.
Other coronavirus stories:
- Utah reports 2,701 new COVID-19 cases Tuesday, 11 new deaths
- Coping with COVID-19 tension during the Holidays
- ‘I 100% need this job,’ mask-wearing Utahns provide greater revenue for local business
- Online COVID-19 tool allows you to assess the possible risk of exposure at an event
- ‘Mourn the dead’ and ‘fight like hell for the living’: Utah group takes part in national caravan to remember victims of COVID-19