SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4 Sports) – NCAA President Mark Emmert and the Board of Governors canceled the Division I men’s and women’s 2020 basketball tournaments Thursday afternoon in response to the growing concerns with coronavirus.
The NCAA also canceled all remaining winter and spring NCAA championships.
This affects Utah State and BYU men’s basketball teams who were both likely participants in the NCAA tournament.
Other coronavirus stories:
- 264 new cases, 1 more COVID-19 related death
- Utah’s Hogle Zoo lays off 27 percent of staff due to financial impact of COVID-19
- District Court Judge sides with Tooele County officials to stop planned Collin Raye concert
- WATCH: Top doctors, mental health experts answer your questions on ‘Coronavirus House Calls’ | May 31
- First COVID-19 case confirmed at the Utah State prison in Draper