The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases has surged across the country as more Americans are being tested for the virus. This interactive database reflects the approximate number of coronavirus tests conducted in each state in the United States to date.
The U.S. now has more than 143,000 infections and 2,500 deaths, according to Johns Hopkins University, while around the world 732,000 people are infected. The true number of cases is thought to be considerably higher because of testing shortages and mild illnesses that have gone unreported.
The numbers in this data set are approximate and are based on current public information.
The data is collected directly from each state’s official department of health website.
The coronavirus pandemic is an evolving crisis. This database will be updated around 5 p.m. every day to keep the numbers as accurate as possible.
(The Associated Press contributed to this report)
What others are clicking on:
- Screen Chatter is back this week with your movie reviews
- It’s banned book week at the Salt Lake County Library
- Dog the Bounty Hunter: Info shows Brian Laundrie may be in different Florida park
- A look at the University of Utah’s mental health resources
- Pfizer submits promising data to FDA from vaccine trial with kids ages 5-11