OGDEN, Utah (ABC4 News) – According to officials with Hill Air Force Base, several medical personnel from the Reserve 419th Fighter Wing, Hill Air Force Base have been mobilized and will leave for the New York City area Sunday afternoon to assist with COVID-19 efforts.
The departing medical professionals work full-time in the local community as Nurse Practitioners and RNs and serve part-time in the Air Force Reserve.
They were “called up” under an executive order by President Trump, March 27.
What others are clicking on:
- California scientist warns people to stay away from beaches during COVID-19 pandemic
- Latter-day Saints’ 190th general conference Sunday session highlights
- Ex-NFL kicker, Saints hero Tom Dempsey dies of coronavirus
- Governor Hutchinson to provide COVID-19 update to the public today at 1:30 p.m.
- 2020 Census count now underway