SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4 News)-With coronavirus concerns growing, many college athletic conferences have canceled their men’s basketball conference tournaments and other athletic events.
The ACC, Big Ten, Big 12, SEC and Pac-12 all canceled their men’s basketball tournaments on Thursday.
Other basketball tournaments and athletic events being canceled or modified are those belonging to the American, Atlantic 10, Conference USA, MAC, America East, Big Sky, WAC and Mountain West conferences.
Meanwhile, schools such as Duke and Kansas have completely suspended their athletics, also withdrawing themselves from the NCAA tournament.
Utah State and most likely, BYU are expected to participate in the NCAA tournament.
Other coronavirus related stories:
- Skyline vs Brighton football game canceled due to COVID-19 cases
- Coronavirus cases fall to 622 positive cases on Monday, one new death
- The University of Utah shifts to two weeks of online-only classes ahead of VP debate
- Governor Herbert attends emergency meetings to discuss the state’s response to COVID-19
- Navajo Nation: 12 new cases of COVID-19 and no new deaths