SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4 News)-With coronavirus concerns growing, many college athletic conferences have canceled their men’s basketball conference tournaments and other athletic events.
The ACC, Big Ten, Big 12, SEC and Pac-12 all canceled their men’s basketball tournaments on Thursday.
Other basketball tournaments and athletic events being canceled or modified are those belonging to the American, Atlantic 10, Conference USA, MAC, America East, Big Sky, WAC and Mountain West conferences.
Meanwhile, schools such as Duke and Kansas have completely suspended their athletics, also withdrawing themselves from the NCAA tournament.
Utah State and most likely, BYU are expected to participate in the NCAA tournament.
Other coronavirus related stories:
- WHO: Weekly reported deaths from COVID-19 at the lowest since start of pandemic
- No states requiring student vaccinations this school year
- Moderna sues Pfizer-BioNTech over COVID-19 vaccine patents
- First lady tests positive in COVID-19 ‘rebound’ case
- Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine 73 percent effective in children under 5