Utah (ABC4 News) — Amazon announced more than 800 job openings in Utah as part of the company’s initiative to hire an additional 75,000 people, according to the company.
The company has brought on 100,000 or more new employees nationally, including 1,500 in Utah over the past few weeks. The goal of the hiring initiative was to keep as many people employed as possible during the COVID-19 pandemic, according to a release.
Amazon is hiring Utahns to fill a variety of positions, including picking, packing, and shipping customer orders and delivering packages from delivery stations to address the increase in deliveries due to COVID-19.
Those interested in applying should visit amazon.com/slcjobs. Positions are filling up quickly. Amazon said that applicants can text AMAZON to 77088 to get text messages about nearby job openings.
Click here to learn about precautions Amazon is taking to keep employees safe.
- Utah’s rolling seven-day COVID-19 Positive average below 400
- Family now seeks justice after Wilson boy killed, man captured
- Kamala Harris’ secret weapon?
- Family of Provo shooting victim petitions for case to be reopened
- DWR prohibits recreational shooting at 17 wildlife management areas