The child’s mother, Courtney Doster, tested positive for coronavirus on Saturday.
The child, named Emmett, had a high fever on Monday and was diagnosed with viral pneumonia.
Emmett was tested for coronavirus and the test came back positive on Tuesday.
Doster said Emmett is being treated with Tylenol because doctors said ibuprofen and breathing treatments could worsen his symptoms.
- KEEP THE MASK: Here are some of the places in Utah that still require masks
- UTAH CORONAVIRUS: Nearly 1.7M total vaccines administered, 407 new COVID-19 cases reported Saturday
- Stimulus checks: What we know about how people are spending the $1,400
- ‘Mask Up’: UTA still requires mask-wearing after end of Utah mask mandate
- Utah issues new public health order, will require masks at all organized events