The child’s mother, Courtney Doster, tested positive for coronavirus on Saturday.
The child, named Emmett, had a high fever on Monday and was diagnosed with viral pneumonia.
Emmett was tested for coronavirus and the test came back positive on Tuesday.
Doster said Emmett is being treated with Tylenol because doctors said ibuprofen and breathing treatments could worsen his symptoms.
- Some Utahns 16+ now eligible for COVID-19 vaccine, this is how to register
- Walmart hosting community COVID-19 vaccine events in Salt Lake City
- How to schedule COVID-19 vaccine appointments in Salt Lake County under Feb. 25 eligibility
- Utah 7-day average dips as state adds over 830 new COVID-19 cases
- Gov. Cox gives Feb. 25 COVID-19 update