LAS VEGAS (KLAS) — Good news if you’re going to be out on New Year’s Eve! The Vegas Monorail will stay open around the clock from 7 a.m. on December 31 to 2 a.m. on January 2.
That’s 43 hours straight!
Locals will only pay $1 per ride with a proof of a Nevada ID.
Last year more than 300,000 people gathered on the strip, shutting down traffic. With the streets cut off, the monorail is the only motor transportation available on the strip on New Year’s Eve.
What others are clicking on:
- Kroger cashiers stop giving customers coins for change amid shortage spurred by pandemic
- Utah earthquake declared presidential disaster, SBA assistance now available
- Save local stages: Concert venue industry urges Congress for COVID-19 relief
- California shuts bars, indoor dining and most gyms, churches
- Hand sanitizer recall: FDA expands list of ‘toxic’ sanitizers to avoid over methanol risk