MT. GREEN, Utah (ABC4) – Mountain Green Firefighters rushed over to I-84 on reports of a mother immediately going into labor Friday morning.
At 4:29 a.m., Fire deputies arrived at the scene near a rest area on I-84 and were unexpectedly greeted by a bouncing newborn baby!
Firefighters then quickly warmed the child and even joined the father of the baby in cutting the umbilical cord.
“It was a joyous event,” shares Mountain Green Fire Chief Brian Brendel.
The family was transported to the hospital and is reported to be in great condition.
It was a ‘happy’ report and a pleasant change in usual calls, the fire department adds.
- Agencies say Super Bowl security is constantly evolving, improving to make event safer
- Trump extends Secret Service protection to 14 family members, reports say
- Local Student designs art for new Utah license plate honoring Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Forced to wait in Mexico, asylum-seekers make video pleading with President Biden
- Mayor Mendenhall to give 2nd 2021 state of the city address