SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News) – Police have identified the woman killed when she was shot during a possible burglry at a Salt Lake City apartment as 27-year-old Kathryn Blaire Leavitt.
Salt Lake Police Detective Greg Wilking said they still do not have a suspect and the details behind the burglary continue to be investigated.
We will continue to provide updates as more information is released.
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News) Police in Salt Lake City are looking for a suspect after a woman was shot at a Salt Lake City Apartment complex Saturday morning
According to Salt Lake City Police, they were dispatched to the Apartments on the Green located at 1153 N Redwood Road around 7:40 a.m. on a report of a suspected burglary.
While en route to the location, another report of shots fired was called in. When officers arrived, they located a woman with a gunshot wound.
She was transported to the hospital where police said she died as a result of her injuries.
The shooting is still in the early stages of the investigation and no suspects have been arrested. Anyone with information is asked to call Salt Lake City Police at 801-799-3000.
The name of the woman will not be released until next of kin is notified. An update will be provided once more information becomes available.
What others are clicking on:
- Snowboarder dies after being buried in avalanche in Summit County
- Man seated inside In-N-Out when elderly driver crashed into it has died
- Video appears to show Draper restaurant employee urinating in kitchen
- 6 semi trucks involved in 9 vehicle crash on I-80 in Wyoming
- State representative says school start times should be pushed back