OGDEN, Utah (ABC 4 News) - The Ogden Police Department has setup funds to help support the officers injured or killed during the Wednesday night shooting
The Weber-Morgan Narcotics Strike Force was serving a warrant at the house of Matthew David Stewart at 3268 Jackson Avenue in Ogden.
A firefight broke out and six officers were shot in the ensuing battle. One officer, Agent Jared Francom of the Ogden City Police Department, died from his injuries
. Five other police officers from the strike force are currently being treated for their injuries.
In a release to ABC 4 News, the Ogden police said that due to the overwhelming community support, accounts have been setup at the Bank of Utah for the officers involved in the incident.
- Agent Jared Francom - Ogden Police Department
- Agent Shawn Grogan - Ogden Police Department
- Agent Kasey Burrell - Ogden Police Department
- Officer Michael Rounkles - Ogden Police Department
- Sgt. Nate Hutchinson - Weber County Sheriff's Office
- Agent Jason Vanderwarf - Roy Police Department
Any one that would like to donate can do to any Bank of Utah location and give the name of a specific officer. The police said all funds donated to a specific account will go directly to the named officer.