OGDEN, Utah (ABC 4 News) - Fire crews responded to a structure fire that started at a strip mall in Ogden Thursday morning.
Officials say the fire originated in Beto's restaurant at 3585 S. Harrison Blvd and racked up at least $20,000 in water, smoke and fire damage.
Fire officials say the sprinkler system was activated and extinguished the majority of the fire and crews were able to quickly take care of the still burning south wall of the building.
Smoke from the fire also affected an adjacent Little Caesars Pizza building, and property owners for both businesses were contacted and responded to the scene according to investigators.
Officials say three people were evacuated from the Beto's restaurant, and there were no injuries associated with this fire.
Fire investigators say the incident is another example of the benefits of sprinkler systems in businesses, and that the early activation played a huge role in the suppression and potential spread of the fire.
----Information from: Ogden Fire Dept.