Lisa Park is a blogger who helps families save money and live frugally. And, now that the weather is cold, and the air is bad, parents are looking for ways to keep their kids entertained.
Lisa came on GTU to share some of her ideas.
- Food Stamping - use a potato, celery apple or other fruits and vegetables to make paintings and prints on paper
- Mini Marshmallow Popper - Using cups, balloons and marshmallows, hold a contest to see who can pop marshmallows the farthest or into a bowl that's a few feet away
- Balloon Paddle Ball - Make paddles with over-sized popsicle sticks and paper plates, then blow up a balloon and have fun paddling it back and forth
- Marshmallow and Toothpick Buildings - Have children design their own three-dimensional buildings and designs using only mini marshmallows and toothpicks
- Bubble Wrap Hop Scotch - use bubble wrap to play hop scotch with a new twist.
For more of Lisa's great ideas, please visit her blog: http://www.savingcentbycent.blogspot.com.