SYRACUSE, Utah (ABC 4 News) - Officials say an alert neighbor saved a Syracuse family from a fire early over the weekend.
Syracuse Fire Department officials say the garage for the home located at 3950 West Baltimore Circle caught fire on Friday at about 6:30 p.m.
Syracuse Police Lt. Tracy Jensen said a neighbor, Will Bargar, noticed the flames and ran into the home to get the family of seven out.
By the time fire crews arrived, the garage was fully engulfed in flames.
Jensen said the garage and second floor of the home were considered a complete loss, including three cars. Jensen said that the cause of the fire was believed to be an overloaded electrical outlet.
According to Jensen, the family, including 6 children, was able to stay with relatives after the fire.
Jensen said Bargar should be honored as a true hero for his actions, and that police officials would propose that he receive an award from the city in the next council meeting.