Girl receives 2nd degree burns from spilled hot stew
Updated: 11/06/2012 6:33 pm | Published: 11/02/2012 2:22 pm
CLEARFIELD, Utah (ABC 4 News) – An eight year-old girl was flown to the hospital Thursday night after a container of hot stew spilled on her lap.
Madisen Strong is now home recovering from second degree burns. Around 7 p.m. her aunt says they were loading up the family van when she was handed an ice cream container of hot stew and the lid came off.
“It spilled and the carton broke and the hot soup went all the way down her burning her,” said aunt Toni Riley. “I had just barely taken it out of the pot so it was boiling.”
Riley immediately peeled off the girl’s clothes, put her in a bathtub with cold water and then called 911. Life Flight took her to the University of Utah burn unit.
Madisen was released from the hospital after several hours but will have to miss six weeks of school while she recovers at home.
Copyright 2012 Newport Television LLC All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.