Amber packer was here and showed us how to make an adorable jewelry box.
SUPPLIES & INSTRUCTIONS:
2 - Be Happy "Honey Pink" paper
1 - Be Happy "Follow" paper
1 - Be Happy "Adorable" paper
1 - Be Happy "Your Song" paper
1 - Be Happy "Happy Doily" paper
1 - Be Happy "Favorite Things" paper
1 - Be Happy "Honey Flourish" paper
1 - Be Happy "Never Forget" paper
1 - Be Happy Rhinestones
1 - Be Happy Decorative Brads
1 - Be Happy Twine
1 - Be Happy Paper Clips
2 - Be Happy 12 x 12 Chipboard
Also Used: Jewelry box (I bought mine on sale at Target, get one from a thrift store or use a wood or paper mache jewelry box from a craft store), double stick tape or mod podge, light brown ink pad, trimmer, glue gun, 2" hole punch, scissors.
***My box came white, you may want to paint your box before you begin***
1. Decide which papers you want to use where and measure each section. (Look at my project for inspiration. Since these colors are so soft and muted, it's easy to mix and match patterns and have them look good!)
2. Cut pieces about 1/8" smaller in width and height than measurements. Ink edges and set aside.
3. Adhere pieces to jewelry box using either double stick tape or mod podge. Use mod podge if you want it permanent and double stick tape if you want to be able to change it up later.
4. Drawers: If your drawers have pulls, either remove them and put them on after you have added the paper. If they can't be removed, punch a hole in the center.
5. Add a scalloped chipboard row to top of each drawer.
6. Punch 54 - 2" circles from "Honey Pink" paper and ink edges.
7. Start about 3/4" from bottom of one side and overlap and adhere (adhesive on top only) 5 circles, move to back and overlap 8 circles and proceed to other side overlapping 5 more circles.
8. Move back to first side and cut one circle in half. Start with 1/2 circle, overlap 4 1/2 more circles leaving about 1" of the first layer of circles showing. Move to back and adhere 8 circles (one cut in half) and 5 more circles (one cut in half) on the remaining side.
9. Add one more layer of circles (5 per side and 8 on back) leaving 1" of second layer showing.
10. Hand cut 1" strip along shape of "Never Forget" paper. Ink edges, crinkle and thread pink twine along top and adhere in center of top row of circles.
11. Add two large brads along back left of left side with one paper clip and rhinestone.
12. Punch another 2" circle and hand cut to about 1 1/4" (does not need to be perfect)
13. Rose: Cut a 1" x 24" from "Honey Pink" paper. Hand cut deep scallops from strip. Curl scallops out and roll around a pencil. Add hot glue to circle and let tightly wound scallop strip slightly unwind and adhere to circle. When dry, spritz with water and gently curl back petals to more clearly define rose shape.
14. Add to "Always" chipboard shape.
15. Add butterfly to rose and adhere to jewelry box where desired.
16. Use the excess product to make jewelry!
For more ideas or more information please visit: www.amberpacker.com