UT man causes fire while smoking, suffers injuries
Updated: 7/25/2012 11:52 am | Published: 7/25/2012 11:49 am
WILLARD, Utah (AP) - Authorities say a Willard man suffered severe burns when the cigarette he was smoking sparked a fire while he was fueling his lawn mower.
Willard Fire Chief Van Mund says the 24-year-old man was treated for first- and second-degree burns after the fire Tuesday morning. Mund says the burns covered about 30 to 40 percent of the man's body.
He was not identified. The Deseret News reports that the man was flown to University Hospital and is in critical condition.
Mund says the fire spread to the lawn mower, several other vehicles and a shed.
Mund says the fire happened as the man filled his lawn mower with gasoline.
Information from: Deseret News
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Copyright 2012 Newport Television LLC All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.