Ogden fire displaces two families
Updated: 11/24/2012 8:02 pm | Published: 11/24/2012 7:40 pm
OGDEN, Utah (ABC 4 News) Firefighters responded to an early morning fire at an Ogden residence. The occupants of a duplex at 871 2nd St. woke up Saturday morning to a popping sound in their carport. They found heavy fire and smoke coming from the area. Firefighters responded at about 3 a.m. The carport and part of the house was already under heavy flames.
Two engines and 19 personnel responded and were able to quickly put out the fire. The duplex was destroyed amounting to about $100,000 in damage.
The two families living in the home were displaced, they lost everything. The Utah Red Cross made accommodations for the families. Investigators say it was an accidental electrical fire.
Copyright 2012 Newport Television LLC All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.