Quick Chicken Tortilla Soup with Avocado - Good Things Utah:
3 (14-oz.) cans chicken broth
2 cans Ro-Tel tomatoes with chiles
1 Tbsp. dried minced onion flakes
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. ground cumin
2 - 3 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
2 medium avocados
1½ cups crushed tortilla chips
1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
Lime wedges, optional
1. In 4-to-6-quart saucepan, heat broth, tomatoes, onion flakes, garlic
powder, and cumin to boiling over medium-high heat.
2. While broth is heating, pull meat from rotisserie chicken, using your fingers or two forks to shred. Measure out 2 to 3 C. Add to pot and turn heat to medium and simmer broth for about 10 minutes.
3. While broth and chicken are simmering, peel and pit 2 avocados. Chop into 1/2-inch pieces.
4. Place cilantro in a measuring cup and snip with kitchen scissors until chopped.
5. Crush chips and divide among 6 serving bowls.
6. Spoon hot soup over chips, then top with avocado, cheese, and cilantro. Garnish each bowl with lime wedges, if desired.