Slow Cooker Mexican Pulled Pork
Makes about 6-8 servings
1 large onion
2 cups chicken stock
2-3 Lbs. shoulder pork roast
1 (15 oz) can diced tomato w/jalapeños
2 Tbsp. tomato paste
1 tsp. garlic salt
¼ tsp. pepper
1 tsp. oregano
1 cup frozen corn
1 (14 oz) can black beans, rinsed & drained
toppings: sour cream, cheese,
chips, cilantro, lime, avocados, etc
1. Place onion slices in bottom of slow cooker. Pour in the chicken stock. Place trimmed roast on top of onions.
2. Cover and cook on LOW for 7-9 hours, or until roast is very tender and falling apart.
3. Remove roast and place on large cutting board. Discard the onion and juices in the slow cooker. Shred the roast, discard of any excess fat, place meat back into the slow cooker.
4. Stir the tomatoes, paste, garlic salt, pepper, oregano, corn and peppers into the meat. Cover the slow cooker and cook for another 30-60 minutes on HIGH until flavors are incorporated and corn and beans are warm. Adjust seasonings if needed.
5. Serve as tacos, nachos, quesadillas, tostados, over salad...the options are endless!