Have you heard of the Nutty Nutcracker? It has become Ballet West's annual spoof on the holiday favorite.
LAUGHS FROM PAST "NUTTY" NUTCRACKERS
A cameo appearance from Waldo of the famed "Where's Waldo?" books
- A rubber chicken in place of the traditional Nutcracker doll
- A pesky bumblebee in The Waltz of the Flowers
- Herr Drosselmeyer on roller blades with a pink afro
- Disco dancing party guests
ABOUT BALLET WEST'S "THE NUTCRACKER"
The Nutcracker had its Utah premiere in 1955 at Kingsbury Hall at the University of Utah
- Choreographed by Ballet West Founder Willam Christensen
- This year marks the 56th annual production of Ballet West's The Nutcracker
- The first production of Ballet West's "The Nutcracker" used a cast of 75 local dancers.
- Today, more than 500 children from across Utah audition for the sought-after children's roles,
resulting in nearly 280 children in four different casts.
The Nutty nutcracker is Friday, December 30th at 7 p.m. and Saturday, December 31st at 2 p.m. For ticket information, go to: http://www.balletwest.org
or call (801) 355-ARTS.
There is a Sports Night at the Ballet on Friday, December 30th at 5 p.m. at the Hilton in Salt lake City, 255 South West Temple.