Jen Clyde talks about how to make your cardigan your statement piece this winter.
On her blog she writes, "OK it's winter time. Are arms need a extra layer of warmth so our outwear becomes more of a inner wear now through these next months coming up.
So I have been asked how spice up the cardigan that we all own in our closets that we through on with everything ...People tend to get a little board and want it to be the element that pulls the whole outfit together because we are most likely to not take it off in doors because of how cold it is.
1. Add a fun collard top underneath the cardigan to add a funky collar trend going on plus a added sleeve element. Plus roll up the cardigan sleeve to your elbow then the blouse sleeve right underneath to bring a funky element.
2. Add a double belt! Not just one but two…connect them together and then wrap it around the cardigan to add a pop color and a different texture.
3. Scarf it up! Ok something fun….is to add some prints and color by adding a scarf. I love a tube scarf right now and I think it warms you up plus it gives you a fun element to a boring scarf.
4. Layer up longer necklaces with shorter ones to add a funky element to make a boring scarf stand out. love this I always do this and really makes it more fun to wear.
5. Add a old broach from grandmas closet or a funky flower hair clip just to give it some extra strength in it’s design. Make it spicy for what ever type of event your off too."
For more of Jen's ideas, visit her website: http://www.jenclydestylist.com