The Muscular Dystrophy association is searching for summer camp volunteers who are looking for a rewarding and memorable experience. Volunteer counselors, especially men, are needed to help young people with neuromuscular diseases enjoy a fun-filled MDA Summer Camp August 4th - 9th and August 11th -16th at Camp Roger in Kamas, Utah. Applications are due July 7th.
MDA Summer camp is the event that kids think about year round. For one week out of the year, they get to be in an environment where having a neuromuscular disease is the norm, not the exception.
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years old
- Must be able to lift and care for a young person between the ages of 6 to 17
- Counselors will help with daily activities, such as eating, bathing, dressing and recreation activities
- Being a MDA camp volunteer gives you an amazing opportunity to interact with wonderful kids, boost your college application or resume and make new friends
- MDA's summer camp program serves more than 100 Utah children at no charge
- Returning volunteer counselors often say camp is a magical and memorable time
To obtain a volunteer application or learn more about ways to support MDA's supper camp program, call Angela McBride (801) 278-6200 or visit their Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/MDA-of-Utah/107787195945330.